home > content management systems (CMS) > wix
The steps for adding email forms to a Wix web site are outlined in the tutorial below. A sample form created using a Wix web site can be seen here.
1. Create Your Form HTML
2. Go to Wix.com and Login to Your Account
a. Go to wix.com and click the Login link
b. Enter you login details
3. Add the Form Code to Your Wix Site
a. Hover over the screen shot of your site and click the Edit button
b. Under Manage Pages click the Page you would like to add an email form to.
c. Click the Go to Editor button
d. Add a new HTML Widget by hovering over Add then Widgets then HTML
e. Select Blank HTML
f. Maneuver the Blue HTML Widget Box so that it is located where you would like to to appear. Stretch it to the appropriate size.
g. Left Click the Blue HTML Widget Box and click Settings
h. Paste the form HTML into the Insert HTML Code box (CTRL+V or Right Click and Select Paste). If you do not have your form code created and copied, please read this tutorial to learn how to do so.
i. Note the Width of the HTML widget and click OK.
If you are having problems getting the form to fit within the allotted area, you can change the width of the form within the myContactForm.com Control Panel by:
1. Logging in to myContactForm.com
2. Clicking the Edit button
3. Clicking the Form Appearance button
4. Stepping through the steps until you see Form Width. Set the Form Width to a value slightly less than the width shown in Wix.
5. Click the Form Management button
6. Click Get HTML and copy the new HTML
7. Go back to WIX and update the HTML code for the widget
j. Click the Save button in Wix. This will publish the updated site.
4. Configure the Form Location Setting
a. Login to myContactForm.com
b. Click the Edit Button
c. Click the Basic Form Information Button
d. Enter the following URL into the form location setting:
5. Test Your Form
Open a web browser and go to the web page containing your form. Fill out the form and press the submit button to test it.
A demonstration form created using a Wix web site can be seen here.